By Claudia Leite, Mauricio Castillo
Diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) is an essential component of regimen neuroimaging, used approximately universally in mind MRIs, and extra lately for the backbone, spinal twine, and head and neck. DWI offers clinically proper info on stipulations together with stroke, an infection, and neoplasms. Diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) is a robust, more moderen strategy with the opportunity of a number of protocols, together with the prognosis of light aggravating mind damage and psychiatric disorders.
Written through major professionals in neuroradiology and radiology, Diffusion Weighted and Diffusion Tensor Imaging: A scientific Guide offers key issues and summaries at the techniques and purposes required for correct implementation and interpretation of DWI and DTI.
- More than six hundred fine quality illustrations
- Protocols and functions from early formative years to older adulthood
- Methods to distinguish general as opposed to pathological states
- Brain edema pathophysiology and use of DWI to differentiate among cytotoxic and vasogenic edema
- Utilization of DWI and DTI to diagnose trauma, white subject sickness, tumors, cerebrovascular disorder, and head, neck, and backbone disorders
This concise guide is a useful source for neuroradiologists and radiologists, in addition to fellows and citizens in those disciplines. With the increasing use of those approaches, neuroscientists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and psychiatrists also will locate it indispensable.